Certified Association Executive (CAE)
The Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is the marker of a committed association professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage an association in today’s challenging environment.
If you’re interested in taking the next step and becoming a CAE; that’s great! You can find important information about the CAE Exam, including eligibility requirements, upcoming exam dates and application deadlines, and how to become recognized after the exam, on the American Society of Association Executives webpage by clicking here.
We’re very proud of the current CAEs in Montana listed below. If you are a CAE, but not on this list, please contact us. Some CAEs are credited in other states. We’ll happily add you to our list!
- John Brewer, Visit Billings
- Richard Brown, Retired
- Robin Childers, Rocky Mountain Management Services Inc
- Cary Hegreberg, Montana Bankers Association
- Margaret Herriges, Retired
- Tracie Kenyon, Montana Credit Union League
- Allen Lloyd, Montana Society of CPAs
- Gail Oss, Peripheral Management Resources
- Tempi Jo Ruth, BancServ
- Vickey Simonson, Montana Hospital Association
- Karen Smith, Montana’s Credit Unions
- Peggy Trenk, Treasure State Resource Association
- Marti Wangen, Montana Optometric Association
- Gregg Wilson, Associated Employers
- Al Garver, Montana Dental Association
- Lance Clark, Clark Association Management Services
- Traci Ulberg, Meetings Northwest
MSAE provides resources to help achieve CAE designation. Our lending library of study materials can be found here on our website.
We also provide a CAE exam study group, with existing CAEs mentoring and tutoring applicants. The study sessions for the Winter 2020 Exam will run every Friday afternoon through October 2-November 20. Please contact us if you would like to participate in these study sessions.
If you have any other questions regarding the exam, email us by clicking here.
Adjustments to 2020 CAE Renewals Due to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the cancellation or postponement of many educational events, the CAE Commission is offering additional temporary options to assist those due to renew their CAE credential in 2020:
- The renewal deadline has been extended from December 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- The cap on self-study has been lifted. All 40 credits needed for renewal may be taken through any amount of live and/or approved self-study courses.
- The early-renewal discount will be extended to completed renewals submitted through March 31, 2021. The discounted renewal fee is $275 for ASAE members and $425 for nonmembers.
These additional options apply only to the renewal cycle for those originally due to renew by December 2020.